Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Friday, December 10, 2004 ::

What is so hard about waiting eight days?

My day today? Horrible. I planned on having the day off; however, I forgot to mention this to SFC Sanford ( a fella that is very hard to work with in the first place). So he called me at about 0900 trying to figure out why I wasn't at work. I didn't answer the phone. Then he called the house, using four different numbers. At around 0945 I gave in and answered when he called. I told him some story about me being gone all morning at a job interview and I couldn't answer my phone. He was surprisingly not mad at all. He picked me up here at the house, we went to Wagoner and I sat there while he visited with more students. Boring job.

So I told him that I would be quitting and he was okay with it. He actually said that he wished I would stick around another week or so because I was a good hand to have around. Plus I got him a crap load of leads. He's just very hard to work with and I don't quite like his recruiting ethic. He sells the Army too much. Of course, that's his job. But does he have to fib and fudge some documents so that people can join? No.

Plus I have to try and convince people to join the same misery that I just tried ever so hard to leave. How much sense does that make? Steve's sense of humor is disturbing at times and I guess he assumes I'm some kind of heathen. Little does he know that I'm a fill-in youth minister right now and that I don't quite appreciate his craziness. Do I say anything? Can I ?

I just don't like him or the job. It was really a waste of my time. The money that I will make from there will replace the money I used to get there these last few weeks. So if I didn't do the job, I wouldn't have wasted the gas. Did it do me any good? Maybe. I may have built some bridges I may need. I kinda networked a little, but not much. I guess its just another thing to put on a resume: Recruiter, and hated it.

Do I have to lay claim to it? Probably. You know, it really didn't do me much good any whatsoever. I never met and Sergeants that I might interact with later. No officers. I just got the same speech about college and patriotism twenty times in a row. Six in one day alone.

Driving the Stratus was fun. Good car, bad blindspots. Plus, Steve demands his radio at a certain level of volume and Dave wants his seats adjusted just perfectly. Annoying as I'll get out. Just from the first time I saw Steve I didn't really like him. Now, if I was Dave's ADSW like I thought I was going to be, then I don't think it would have been as bad. But Dave is now out of production recruiting and now onto training recruiters. How exciting.

I have drill this weekend. Its not all that bad, I just don't really want to go. Maybe after this first time it will be better because I will get to know some of the guys, but I still don't really like it. I actually may be moving to the Reserves so I can be in Anne's unit. However, I may be getting deployed in January.

Yes, that's what I said.

Look, I'm tired. I'm going to hit the hay. I have a golf game tomorrow.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 1:22 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?