Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 ::

Last time I posted it was Valentine's Day. Now it's March 1st. Man how time flies...

I skipped class yesterday. Why? Because I can. Can I really? No because in the long run I will have to wind up paying for those classes if I don't go because I will fail. Is this a big issue? Yes because I'm broke. And when I'm broke, Anne's broke. Do I want Anne to be broke? No. She is my queen and she should have everything her little heart desires.

That last paragraph had too many questions. That's why I'm going to English class tonight. To learn me some grammar. I'm happy with the everything is going though. I'm happy being married. I'm happy with my job. I'm not so happy with the working and going to school thing, but life happens. And my church is a little out of whack, but I can't say much because I'm a little out of whack. My spiritual life is in the slumps.

However, I have been listening to radio preaching services and they are quite the hoot. I have learned a few things off of those. Some insightful things and some super cool conversation topics. Anne and I are growing deeper spiritually together. She is quite the good accountability partner. She throws my Bible at me when I don't want to read before we go to bed because she wants me to be close to God. I do too, don't get me wrong, I just take a little bit too much encouragement sometimes. Let's just say I value my sleep too much.

Plus I'm stuck reading Deuteronomy. It's a good book and all, but it doesn't seem to really apply to me. Then you're probably wondering, "Why read it then?" Well, I'm reading it because I started reading Genesis a many years ago and just started reading my way through the Bible. It was at Falls Creek like two or three years back and I've just been reading my way through ever since. Now, I'm not going to lie and say that it has been a continual study, especially since I mainly read Psalms in BCT and AIT, but I picked up where I left off when I got back. Now, here I sit in Deuteronomy.

I want to read books like Daniel and Obadiah and such, but I feel that's cheating. That's like reading ahead in a novel. If you don't know what went on in the beginning of the book, how can you really understand what is going on in the middle? I'm not saying that the Bible is a novel, but I am saying that it helps to understand where all the people and the tribulations come from. Like Lamentations is all about Jerusalem falling and the people being carried away by the Babylonians. It talks about how things go so bad that women ate their own children. Sick, I know, but I don't know what they were going through. Anyway, if you didn't know about Israel and the way they constantly rebelled against God, then you would just think these people have bad luck and burn on them.

Not the case. Am I saying they had it coming? I don't know. Am I saying that maybe America should look at what has happened to Israel when they turned away from God? Yes.

My head hurts. Maybe it's this dumb gum I'm chewing. It always does that to me.

OH MY HEAD!!!

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 3:30 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?