Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Monday, May 09, 2005 ::

Once again it has been a few weeks since my last post. Well, what can I say? I have a busy life? Well, I do. Between working and being married, there isn't much time to post about my life on the internet. Ironically, it seems that when I do finally have enough stuff to post about, I don't have time because there is so much going on. When I finally do have time, there is nothing to post about so I don't waste my time.

Like now, there isn't much to post about and I really forgot what has happened the last few weeks. Let me see, Anne and I were going to go active, but decided not to because we want to do ROTC and be officers. So that idea got shot down. Plus my sergeant also said that it was nearly impossible to get the Army to release a National Guard soldier for active duty, unless he has a good reason. I don't have a good reason, I just miss the military life.

Yeah, civilian life is cool and all, but after drill I always want to go back into the field. Do more stuff, enjoy the time I have at the unit. Now, if Anne could go with me it would be even better, but seeing as how my unit is a male only unit (combat unit), that's not so possible. But even still, I leave on the weekends wishing I could've done more. And then there is annual training next week. That will give me a chance to see another aspect of the military life. I'll be living on post for two weeks and working for two and half weeks, so let's see just how much I really miss the life. But I really do miss being constantly surrounded by the Army.

Work is going okay. Its kinda getting old and I wish that I had another job somewhere out of the support type. I just get killed by all the support calls by angry people demanding stuff to get done. What can I say, I'm not much of a supportive type of guy (ha ha, I am a Quartermaster soldier).

Married life is super. Anne and I bicker alot, but she says that is normal because we are young and married and under a lot of stress. True, we are, but that doesn't explain the short nerves. I think we are just settling in to a life together and we are letting each others annoyances get to us. I don't like how she doesn't close the dresser drawers when she gets her clothes out, she doesn't like the way I do anything. But I love her just the same and I always will.

Anne lives in a month. I've been in the Army a whole year now. Wow, one entire year. That is a long time. If I wanted to, I could get out in five years. I'm one sixth of the way through my obligation. But I don't consider it an 'obligation'. I consider it a service that I am proud of. Right now I'm wearing my BDU's in fact. Why? Because I'm proud to serve my country. Plus, Anne needed me for a visual aide in her English class. What can you say?

Well, that's about all for now. I must be leaving to attend to my wifely creature.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 4:45 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?