Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Thursday, June 16, 2005 ::

What was supposed to be a simple, fun program turned out to be an excruciating manhunt for one tiny piece of code that I needed. Burn on me.

And it took me forever too. Searching through web page after web page, remark after remark. It was insane. But finally I conquered the internet and found what I was looking for. Now I get to impress my friends with my newly aquired knowledge.

But until then, I'm going to continue my work on the program that posts my computer's feelings. Yes, the ever controversial program that made the fine people at Blogger put a restriction on my site. To avoid that again, I may make my computer post to his own blog, but where's the fun in that.

You know what, my computer needs a name. I don't like calling it, 'my computer'. It needs something better. More pizazz. Oh well, I'll figure it out later. I wish I could get this program to run on Josh, my home computer, but he has a Windows 98 personality and the program will only run on Windows XP. Or so I assume.

Anyway, my computer at work will post its feelings every hour based on how much I use it. I'm going to take the average of the computer usage monitor and then on a scale determine how well ole compo is being treated. I think it will be funny at first, but after the honeymoon effect is over, I'll probably delete it and start on some other new and retarded program. That seems to be how they go. Make em and erase em.

Now, if I had a professional programming job (hint, hint) then I wouldn't have to delete them after I make them because people would use them. Right now, I don't use LesZilla anymore because IE is the default browser and I actually do use TimeClock because otherwise I would have to remember my hours. Now I just have to remember to clock in and out. Speaking of...

My next task, after conquering the automated posting world, is to write a program that will sit in the system tray. As far as I know, that isn't hard. But of course, what do I know?

Back to work, I guess. I'll post later, of course...

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 11:01 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?