Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Monday, March 13, 2006 ::

Could it be?

D-Day + 6

Now, don't quote me on this because I'm sure that in a few days or so I will most likely be saying the exact, 180 degree opposite, but I actually enjoyed today here (as much as one could). Now, it is no where near as good as any day at home with Ann, but its good for here. I woke up this morning at 4:30 (no surprise) with suprisingly six and half hours of sleep (surpise there). After a beyond disgusting breakfast and cup of coffee, we formed up to prepare for the day.

Thankfully, I managed to clear all stations yesterday so I was 100% good to go today. So when 1SG Maxwell asked who was done, I raised my hand. Then he had us fall out to the rear of the formation. Luckily, two other troops followed so I wasn't alone. Of course we were expecting some detail or something, raking rocks, digging holes, stuff like that. When the 1SG told us that we were going to marching into cantonment (the actual post), we weren't all that excited. Then he told us that we would be getting warm showers and we all ran to get our rucksacks!

An hour later we stepped off at 0700 HRS for our three mile trek. It wasn't too bad. The road was extremely hilly and that made it a little miserable, but it was a nice exercise. Apparently we were going at a "leisure pace", but I thought we were practically running. I guess that's what I get for being out of shape (not fat).

I think I scored points with CPT Mitchell and 1SG Maxwell this morning, which is always good. And got good Army exercise. I enjoyed it.

Then I got to take a nice, warm shower, the first since we've been here (three days). It was much needed! Then after that I went to the PX and picked up some gloves because it is freezing here at Camp Shelby and a drink and then took a much needed two hour nap. I tell you what, this was a much needed day. And yet, I'm still tired right now at 2100! That's the Army for you though.

Now, tomorrow, however, holds a different story. I'm not quite sure what we are doing and there isn't much buzz going around as to what that might be. That's never good. Usually there are rumours getting passed around the SPCs about what is on the schedule for the next day, but so far I haven't heard anything. Maybe there isn't anything at all. Yeah, right.
So this was a good day. Sort of a remember of how fun the Army can be sometimes. Maybe tomorrow will be a reminder of how crappy it can be. We'll see.

All I ask, though, is that you continue to pray for your troops protecting you. We need it. And remember Hebrews 1:9, "You love what is right and hate what is wrong," (GNT). What that is saying is that Jesus loved what was right and good in the eyes of God and hated what was wrong and unholy. He despised sin and lived to rebuke it. We should live to do the same thing. We should run away from sin and wrongdoing and embrace things that are good for the heart and soul. Live our lives for him and stop living them for ourselves.

So pray continuously. But also continue to live for God where you are. Just like Ann and I learned in our study of Titus, we must pray for those that we cannot reach, but we must do what we can where we are. "Do your best to help Zenas the lawyer and Apollos to get started on their travels, and see to it that they have everything they need." (Titus 3:13 GNT) Pray for us here at Camp Shelby and those overseas, but also walk your streets and preach the word. Now, I am not trying to be a hypocrite, it took a lot to get me to go out on the streets and spread the word, but here I am doing all I can to be a good witness. I am watching my tongue and not participating in the things of this world. Do what you can where you are. Use YOUR mission field, pray for those that are in theirs.

May God be with you all in all your endeavors. Follow him and he will lead you. Deny yourself, take up your cross DAILY and follow him. Goodnight all.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 3:52 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?