Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Monday, March 20, 2006 ::

Rain, rain, rain

If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'!

That's the Army's motto it seems. Its been raining a little each day for the last three days and we haven't stopped doing a thing here in Mississippi. People promised us warm weather down here and all we've seen so far is clouds and rain.

Now, don't get me wrong. The cool breeze during the day and the nice, dry air isn't bad at all. But the rain is a little annoying. Like today, we were falling and bouncing around in the sand pit doing Combatives training, and it started to rain. So that made it a mud pit that just stuck to everything. I guess that's a risk being in the Army.

Other than being away from home, things aren't going too bad here. The training isn't too bad, but I am discovering that the office work is really sucky. Everyone thinks that working in staff is so glorious, but in reality, it sucks. Too many officers, too many questions, too many demands. I would love to have a line company position back. But I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.

The training has been fun. I don't remember what we did Saturday, but yesterday we went to the firing range and shot AK-47s and some guys got to shoot SVDs. We got to play with some RPG-7s, but didn't get to shoot any. That was fun. My weapon kept jamming and left a bruise on my arm, but that's what the AK-47 is famous for. Its a rough weapon.

And, of course, it rained on us.

Today we were in the sand pit doing Combatives training. Combatives is a fancy way to say hand-to-hand combat. We got in the sand and threw each other around and knocked weapons around some and had some fun. It was long, though, but enjoyable. I'm sure that I learned something. Coupled with the training in basic, I think that we will have a good grasp on this concept. And I'm sure that's not the last class we'll have on that.

Well, I don't know what else to say. I miss you guys at home. I have worked past my hatred for this place and have moved on to the "at peace with" phase. I'm at peace with the fact that I'm here and I'm making the most of my time. I love you guys at home and I know that you are all supporting me with your prayers. And they are greatly appreciated. But don't forget about the other 700 guys in my battalion, or the other 1,000 or so that are also on this mission. Or the other 115,000 in Iraq already or the 18,000 in Afghanistan.

Don't forget that we are out here. Don't forget what we are fighting for.

I love you guys and I miss you. I can't wait to see you again.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 5:00 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?