:: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 ::
For war, this isn't so bad
Granted, being away from home is the worst part, by far, but I am on the other side of the world, in a deserted third-world country, and yet I can listen to my techno music and chat with the love of my life on the internet. Its not that bad.
Definitely nothing here to complain about.
Things are getting into a swing now. We have a work schedule here in the office and are getting into a bit of a routine. I saw routine for lack of a better word. Its not a "routine", more like a working knowledge of what is expected of me. No two days have been the same yet and right now I'm expecting things to stay that way. But apparently I'm already expecting too much from this deployment.
That's really about all for now I guess. Things have gone back down to a slow crawl again. There isn't any cool stuff to take pictures of so it may be a while to I wrestle up another batch.
OH!!! One more thing. For those of you wondering, my compadres and myself have worked up a "wish list" if you will. Most of it is mine, but I'll post things they would like also.
1. Skittles. (I love skittles)
2. Starburts. (I love starbursts)
3. Gum of any type. (Bubble, breath freshner, etc)
4. Books. (Documentaries of war, history, etc, novels [ask Ann])
5. Pictures of you guys. (I like to see whats going on at home)
6. Buttery kettle-corn popcorn (the captain's favorite)
7. Ice-breakers gum (Mac's favorite)
8. Anything chocolate (Mac's a choco-holic)
That's about it for now. Nothing too big. If you do send a care-package, include lots of Skittles and Starburts.
I love you guys. Have fun and stay safe.
God is good. All the time.
:: Ben 1:28 AM [+] ::