Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Saturday, July 01, 2006 ::

Day off? Yeah, ok

Once again I was duped into thinking that the Army might provide me with a day off. That is no longer true. I am scheduled for another journey tomorrow. What fun, huh? Normally it would be, but the lingering fact of war kinda ruins any fun that might come of these trips.

Granted, seeing the locals was definately an interesting sight. Driving down Jalalabad Road proved to be as much as a experience as everyone had promised. There were guys sleeping under their trucks, on the hoods of their trucks, on the bumpers, in the cargo area, just flat out in front of their truck. Be reminded that these aren't normal trucks either. These are "jingle trucks"; trucks loaded down with so many bells and gidgets and whatchamacallits and painting on the sides and gold statues that they look like a driving circus (no offense to the Afghans). Not only are the loaded down with all the memoriabillia, but they also are loaded down with cargo. One truck had plastic barrels in the back stacked at least 15 feet high and had some hanging off the back tied on to the truck. One truck full of bricks about to spill out, another filled with some random item and ontop of that stacked another 10 feet high of plywood.

No lie.

Plus their driving is ridiculous. Tiny cars swerving in and out of traffic, jingle trucks cutting you off and parked on the sides of the roads, kids playing in the street, donkey carts trotting down the side of the road, potholes the size of a human in the street; its absolutely insane. Very much an experience that must be performed to truly understand.

Quite crazy. And I get to do this again tomorrow.

On my day off none the less.

This is going to be a crappy year. Not only am I gone from my beautiful wife, but I am gone from my amazingly gorgeous beautiful wife. What was I thinking?

10 days down. Only 355 more to go. Welcome to July.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 8:47 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?