Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Thursday, July 06, 2006 ::

I'm fine, no need to worry

I haven't posted lately because the internet tends to go down often here in the middle of nowhere. No complaints here, at least we have internet. And cable, and hot chow, and a warm place to sleep, and flushing toilets. So there isn't much to compain about.

For those of you that were watching the news yesterday, its true. Things got a little hairy here in Kabul. For those of you that didn't watch the news, there were a few bombings in Kabul. No immediate threat to American forces, but its still a very dangerous place to be.

The airport trips are still continuing, but with a lot of extra security. Operations must go on; we can't let the terrorists win.

No need to worry at home though. We are the best trained forces in the world; it's going to take a lot to stop us.

Fourth of July here wasn't too exciting. Just sitting around doing work as usual. No fireworks, no big cookout or anything. The DFAC served steak, but that's really a weekly thing. I hope that things were more exciting on the home front than they were here. I hope that you guys took pictures to send me of your fun in the fireworks. If not, I guess I'll use my imagination.

I got my first care package from home. Had some gum (yum!), some movies, a book, a mirror, my winter combat boots, a microphone for my computer, and a letter from the love of my life. It definately made my day getting that box. Tashakor.

I actually understood my first Afghan conversation the other day on the way to the airport. It was a very basic conversation, but still, baby steps. One guy said hello, the other said hello back. The first how the second was, the second said he was good and asked the first how he was. The first said he was good also. It went like this:

Guy 1: "Salaam."

Guy 2: "Salaam."

Guy 1: "Che asti?"

Guy 2: "Khub astem. Che asti?"

Guy 1: "Khub astem, tashakor."

Pretty simple stuff. But from little acorns do big trees grow (dad's favorite quote).

Other than that, not much going on. Just trips to the airport and working on ordering stuff. Only a few more weeks to go.

I'll post more later about my other adventures. I have to work on ordering some stuff right now. Lets just say I have been driving a standard truck around and I've only driven a standard once, Ann's lowrider.

Good times.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 6:06 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?