Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 ::

I hate money

Ok, so I'm not the BEST in the world with money. Or paying bills. Just ask Ann.

I haven't posted in a few days because I let the internet bill here slip by unpaid. Of course, they cut off the service one second after midnight and then I was tasked with some stuff and didn't get around to paying the bill for a few days. Dumb, Ben.

I'm quite fed up with the internet here anyway, but I can't complain because the fact that we have internet in the middle of a third world country is amazing enough.

I'm feeling better and better everday. I have deviated from my meal plan of toast and water. It was getting too bland for me. Plus I figured it was unhealthy. So I'm turning a new leaf and working more on eating breakfast in the morning and watching the rest of the food I eat during the day. So, I figure that is a better way to go.

I haven't been too busy the last couple of days. Just working on some stuff and such. Went into Kabul today to Camp Eggers. It wasn't as nice as everyone says it is. Downtown is just as dirty as everywhere else and the driving is possibly more hectic. Camp Eggers actually reminded me of New Orleans; its really a neighborhood the government took over and set up camp in. So everywhere there are houses with walls and gates and such, must like New Orleans.

Well, to me it does.

Anyway, the trip was pretty uneventful. The chaplain met with some other chaplains and then we came back. HOWEVER, I got some video of the trip back. I have a 10 minute movie of the trip back so I will be burning that to a disc and mailing home to Ann. It isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but gives you a glimpse at what I see.

Other than that, things have been pretty ho hum. Church service Sunday night was awesome. The music was joyful, the preaching was great, and the fellowship was wonderful. Next Sunday is going to be a more music oriented service. They're renovating the chapel so we have to move for a week. Nothing big. Lots of fun if you ask me.

That's really about it. We went to the firing range Sunday morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was a lot of fun. I didn't stress about qualifing and just shot for fun. But when I did that, I shot better than I did back at Shelby. It was so much fun. It was definately hot, but enjoyable. I'll post some pictures later.

I have a lot new pictures to post from my trip today and the firing range. And I'm going to take some of Camp Phoenix here when I get around to doing it.

Anyway, that's about all for now. I'm still alive and doing better. I hope things are going well at home. Stay safe and have fun.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 10:28 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?