Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Sunday, August 13, 2006 ::

Things still kicking

Things are still going here in good ole Afghanistan. The air still smells like poop, the humidity is still climbing everyday, and the food still sucks. I can't complain though because I am alive and that's all that matters. Well, my friends are alive and so am I; therefore, I can't complain.

We got rain yesterday. It was refreshing. Actually, we got more than we bargained for. We got rain and lightning..and lots of thunder. But the rain was nice.

Work is as usual. I haven't gone on any fun adventures lately, but I'm sure that will change soon. Mac has had plenty of time to work up some crazy quest for me to go on so I'm sure it will be good. We have a new LT in our office and an old one. Between the new LT and ole Mac, Phillip and I are in a run for our money (I'm not really sure what that saying means).

Church service was amazing tonight. My chaplain preached and he did an awesome job. He preached about desert training, what God can teach us while we are in the desert. It was a good sermon. And the music was good to boot as well. A fellow guitarist came and played with me and he brought his band with him. So we rocked out with two guitars and drums. It was fun. I sure do enjoy playing and will definately have to find a place to play when I get home.

The spirit of the Lord is here with us, that's for sure. He is keeping us safe everyday and keeping the mission alive. As much as I want to come home, this mission is a good one to keep going. We are helping the Afghan people in so many ways. Providing security for them and building up their country. The people here want us here (most of them) so our situation is different than from Iraq. But even so, America is doing a good thing here.

I don't know what else I have to say really. Life is good. Life would be better if I was home with my wife and family, but we have to take what we get, right? God put me here for a reason and I think that it is to support the chaplains here in everything they do...well, everything I can help with.


I hope everything is going fine at home. I apologize for not calling more often. I'm not sure why I don't. I will see what I can do about calling more often.

I love you guys at home. I pray for you everyday and I hope that you pray for me as well. Stay safe at home and I will try to call.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 12:23 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?