Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Thursday, October 26, 2006 ::

Happy Eid Al-Fitr

Actually, Eid was the last three days and ended last night. It is the final celebration of Ramadan where the muslims celebrate the night when Muhammad was revealed the first part of the Koran. Or so I'm told.

It wasn't too exciting around here during Ramadan. I mean, the bombings in Kabul in such were nothing out of the norm for lately. During Eid the locals fired their rifles in the air like you see on all the movies and I'm sure blew up random stuff in celebrations. We weren't affected by much of this here. Just put on a high state of alert.

Things have been relatively quiet around here. The trip to Bagram a few weeks ago was the last time I was outside of the wire. I don't mind as much anymore. I got to stretch my legs and see the countryside. I'm good for awhile at least.

Work has been work as usual around here. Turn in this, go sign for that. Nothing outrageous. My few million dollars of equipment is small compared to some company commanders. I had heartburn at first for having to sign for so much equipment, but it doesn't phase me now. Just another pile of crap to hand receipt away.

Time sure does seem to be flying by. It's almost November which means that I will be going on leave in three months. It will be a much welcomed change to the dull life here on Camp Phoenix. I can't lie, though, life doesn't seem too dull at times. The officers around here tend to cause our office too much work at times and Captain Hardman likes to go around camp and stir up trouble. It gets pretty active in our office occasionally and makes for a good time to sit and watch.

Not much else going on here. The news makes me more mad everyday because it is filled with stupid stuff. Today there was an article on the net saying that if you lose 100 lbs, you won't spend as much money on fuel. The whole North Korea crisis is a joke and the guy that lost his memory is a total laugh. We use the news around here to entertain us.

Anyway, that's about all I have to post about for now. I was just letting everyone at home know that I am ok and still alive. Life on the camp is life on camp.

Stay safe at home everyone.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 1:37 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?