Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 ::

How do they do it?

Saturday night, Mac, the Captain, Phillip and I watched a movie called Talladega Nights. Some of you may be thinking, "Wow. That's still in the theaters here. I didn't know they could watch theater movies over there."

We can't.

Here's how it all goes down. Piracy extradonaire in the states takes a movie camera into a movie theater. From under his coat, in his hat, has his little son hold the camera, somehow tapes a movie using a camera. Piracy man goes home, burns copy, emails it to Haji over here. Haji, using a computer probably donated by someone in the states, burns a copy to disc and walks, in his American donated Nike sneakers, to Camp Phoenix and sells the burnt disc to the soldiers.

So, while you are sitting in a comfortable movie theater watching a new movie, we are watching it in our drafty, cold office. Not too bad I guess. The best part was, since this was filmed in a movie theater, we could hear people drinking their cokes, eating their popcorn, laughing to the movie, walking in front of the screen, so on and so forth. Quite humorous.

Mother nature has fooled us once again here in Afghanistan. It was starting to get cold here, but today it was quite warm outside. The smog was crazy, the air was unbreathable, and the smell was atrocious. However, without all that, this wouldn't be Afghanistan.

That's about all for now, to be honest with you. The food still sucks by the way.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 10:57 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?