Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 ::

It seems pointless at times

Today, in Kabul, a kid rode his bicycle up next to a bus full of Afghan citizens and detonated a very large explosive attached to himself. As far as I know, 10 citizens dead and dozens wounded.

They have resorted to killing each other now. This isn't anything new though. Two months ago, shortly after we arrived in country, two busses detonated in downtown Kabul killing several dozen citizens. The attack on the convoy near the embassy in Kabul killed 20 citizens, a hundred wounded. It seem so pointless and hopeless at times.

The attacks on American and coalition convoys has decreases lately, thankfully. The south is still wild with daily rocket and mortar attacks, but nothing significant in our AO here. Al-Jezeera reported that the Taliban destroyed two tanks in Kabul recently. However, I find that hard to believe since, like Sgt Dub, I haven't seen any tanks in or near Kabul since we've been here. Maybe we're just blind.

On a lighter note, my boobies are smaller.

My time at the gym and running at the track has paid off somewhat. My legs are getting stronger and my boobies are getting smaller. What more can I ask for? The remedial PT has been stopped for now. I'm not sure why but it has. That means I get to sleep in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, but that also means that I have to find the intestinal fortitude to go to the gym. It's not really all that hard since I just think about how good I want to look for Ann when I get home and magically my shoes are on.

Can you believe it's already October 10th, about to be the 11th? This month is flying by and I am not complaining one bit. I am ready to get it over because that means I can start working on the next month.

Well, its about 2330 here so I do believe that it is time for me to get to bed and wake up to another beautiful...well, another day here in Afghanistan. Have fun back at home everyone but remember to stay safe.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 1:51 PM [+] ::
...
Comments:
:-* i'm praying for you and everyone. be strong in the good Lord. Psalm 119:9
 
Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?