Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Thursday, November 16, 2006 ::

Will it ever stop

More rain today. More rain tomorrow. Probably even snow tomorrow. Good ole Afghanistan, right? It's just like Oklahoma.

I got super soaked today, though. Between digging crap out of the of connex yard and then driving across Swamp Phoenix in an open door Gator, I got a little wet. I can't complain though, its my fault for not having my Gortex jacket on. Or my winter boots. Shame on me, I know.

When I have a cold tomorrow, I won't complain. If I can make it through a withering sunburn, I can make it through a cold.

Things are still going good here in Afghanistan. The care packages from home are making things quite nice around here. However, the candy from home is making things quite fat around here. And in my office, being fat, while popular, isn't good. Keep the snacks coming, though. They make the depressing days go by faster.

That's about it for around here. The rain is getting annoying, the cold is starting to really suck, but the times are changing and that means I'm closer to coming home. I can't wait. I miss you all.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 9:31 AM [+] ::
...
Comments:
Howdy Ben, It's great to hear from you. Things are going pretty well for me on my side of the world, all things considered. Weird thing is that in a year I'll find out my service selection and what I'll be doing for at least the next 5 years. It seems like everything up here's gone by so fast I can't believe it. Then I remember all you men over doing the real fight. I'm glad it's gone by so fast so I can get out and do what I can to help you hard-chargers.
Good to hear you're getting out from behind the desk every once in awhile but cover your ass when you go out. Don't worry IF I ever make General I promise not to hold a formation in the middle of the war. But then again you can remember that if you decide to go Mustang and show those dumb brass how to get things done right. But enough with all that, you'll be back in June, roger that, I'll get ahold of you first chance I have. Can't say I'll be there for the homecoming, wish I could, but don't know my training schedule yet.
Ben keep you head screwed on straight over there, I'll definiately keep praying for all of you, and I don't know what that crap about being my enlisted comrade, the way I see it is your my enlisted brother and I'm proud to be serving alongside you.
~Semper Fi
-Dayton
 
Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?