Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 ::

I saw my life flash before my eyes

The party has gone through the roof the last couple of days. The day before yesterday was quite a hoot. Tiff decided to come join the fun so she hung out with all of us at the Rule's place. That was quite interesting to say the least. I inserted my foot into my mouth too many times but I provided a little comical relief to the already hysterical evening.

Yesterday was even more fun. My lovely sister in all her hiking greatness took my wife and myself out to Devil's Den in Arkansas for a little trail walking. Now, Tiff and Ann have been on this trail many times before our trip and know all the dangers that entailed. Well, not ALL of them.

This is winter, yet Tiff thought it was odd that there was snow on the ground in these mountains. I wasn't too surprised and none of us thought any of it. Well, as we began our journey I found random places to venture off the trail to find some hidden beauties in the mountains: caverns, crevices, and frozen waterfalls. One frozen waterfall that was actually on the trail was a bit too much for us to manuever through.

Let's just say, for the sake of time, that at one point, I was layed out on my stomach across a thick slab of ice, scooting my way across by grabbing onto anything I could find trying not to slip off this trail and fall down the cliff a few inches away from me. It was awesome. Ann made it by going across a strip of mud about 3 inches wide and clinging onto a tree / twig sticking out of the ground and hurling herself to where I was.

After the adrenaline wore off and we were sitting there watching Tiff try to slide across, Ann and I looked at each other and realized how stupid and retarded we were. Tiff refused, REFUSED, to cross so she went back and rolled, slid, and bumped her way down the mountain to the trail. It was amazingly awesome.

I don't think anyone else will understand the perils that we went through, but we all have a story to tell for life.

I leave in a few days to go back to the stan. I'm ready, honestly. I'm ready to go and get it over with so I can come back and enjoy this country once again. That and I'm sure the office is going crazy without me.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 9:19 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?