Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Sunday, April 29, 2007 ::

Blankness

The blank writing pad scares me. Is there a phobia for that?

So, there is quite a bit to post about again, but it is on two entirely different subjects that won't blend together well and make my post seem more like rambling than something informative. However, since when do I care if I am informative?

Last night I went to the airport; it was another mission that I did from step 1 to completion. It was quite a rush to be in charge. However, I was in charge of every aspect of the mission except for the rocket attack on the airport. That part we all just had to ride out. The best part was the other soldiers there from countries all over the world. Kabul International is a main base for ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) and they have disco parties every now and then. Well, last night was one of those nights. And during these parties (and every night for that matter), the ISAF soldiers can drink.

Well, since the base was under attack, they closed the disco and told everyone to go to their room. The room I was staying in with some buddies was in a building full of other guys from every country possible. There were bulgarians, germans, brits, frenchies, and who knows what else, and they were all drunk and angry because they can't dance with their girlfriends at the disco. So what do they do? Dance in the hallway. One guy was singing along to the radio, several were dancing, and one guy came running out of his room with his body armor on and boots. That's it.

Quite scary sight.

So we had a good time laughing at the ISAF soldiers. Then this morning we rolled out the gate early to beat the traffic back to Camp Phoenix. This is Afghanistan's Independence Day (more like week; they celebrate for awhile) so there was quite a few people out early this morning. Apparently the Taliban shot rockets at the airport to deter celebrations of their Independence Day (independence from India). Either way, its pretty cowardly, but that's the Taliban.

The other part of my post was about my night tonight in chapel. I finally made it back in there to lead worship and I realized just how much I miss playing for the good Lord. I have been hurting the good Lord and my friends by not leading worship. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that I was their gateway to worshipping the Lord, but it's nice to have someone to sing along with. Either way, I realize how much I miss playing and playing for the good Lord. Too bad I'm leaving soon so I don't have many Sundays left to play. That's a good thing I guess.

I had much more to post about this subject, but I am quite tired from staying up late last night with the ISAF soldiers and then getting up early this morning. So, off to bed I go. Take care, everyone. I'll be home soon so warm up the grills and get the fireworks ready.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 12:20 PM [+] ::
...
Comments:
I love how you just breeze past the "under attack" part.

Mom made it sound much worse (surprise!).


It's time for you to COME HOME. But you knew that already. But then I will have to leave my cool digs :(
 
Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?