Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Thursday, April 05, 2007 ::

Goodbye Herat, hello Kandahar

So, I left Herat a few days ago. While at the airport, I discovered that I was one of three americans on the flight to Kabul and we were flying on an Italian bird, C-130 type. Now, I don't speak much Italian (except for vietato fumare which means "Prohibited to smoke" because it was on the latrine walls), but I know Kabul and Kandahar don't sound the same and the crew chief for the plane definately said Kabul.

An hour later we landed in Kandahar.

Now, one thing is for sure, if I ever have to fly anywhere again and I have to fly on an ISAF plane, I will NOT go. Especially if it is an Italian plane. I swear they were teaching a new pilot on our flight. We were weaving, turning, banking, going up, going down, doing spirals (it felt like it) and the landing was quite rough. Granted, flying in a combat environment where the enemy is known to shoot at incoming planes isn't the EASIEST thing in the world, but come on people!

Anyway, so we landed in Kandahar. Apparently we had to pick up some people. An hour and a half later, we finally left Kandahar and no new people on board, except the new pilot. I should've known something was wrong then. Well, an hour after that, we landed (more like bobbled up and down the runway) in Kabul. It looked all the same as it did when we first got here more than nine months ago, except it was at night and I was there by myself.

But regardless, it all looked similar.

So now I am here again at Camp Phoenix lavishing in the sun and smog of Kabul while chilaxin with my motley crew. It has been an interesting few days back, and I'm sure that as time passes, things will get even more interesting. It always does.

However, for now it is time for me to lay my little head down to sleep. I still haven't got any new letters from Ann. It's starting to get quite depressing, but I know how things are and she doesn't have a grandious amount of time to spend writing.

This too shall pass.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 1:37 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?