Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 ::

And that was that

No tears. No party streamers. No hugs good bye. Just a whole lot of nothing and a few "see you later"s. No one even knew.

A new guy started today. I would, from my first through fourteenth impressions, say he has a few screws loose. Not trying to be mean, but the guy was a little weird. I have come to expect nothing less from New York City. After I started focusing less on the randomness of this guy's speech and more on trying to train him, I realized all hope I had at successfully completing my last task was long gone. After telling him several times to "follow me," I kept finding myself trying to figure out where he actually was. I'm not sure, but I think this guy thought I was just to drop him a few pointers and then let him pick up the job on his own.

So be it.

I went from training him to giving him the rundown on what I did wrong and figure he'll discover all the rest on his own. At least I tried.

Sadly, no one knew I was leaving. Partly because I didn't make it publically known and partly because my boss wasn't at work to let me know whether I was leaving or not. For that fact alone, I now feel no remorse in giving that place the boot. I'll miss my friends and all the fun times I had (mi mexican amigos were quite the entertainment) but that's about it.

Chef talking about one of the porters standing next to him: "I think he took a few too many nightsticks to the noggin."

The porter he was talking about: "SI! SI! OK! OK!"


I am cracking up laughing to myself right now. I guess you had to be there.

Life moves on, though. I just have other plans in life (yes, I have plans) and they involve things greater than a security job at an overpriced grocery store. It was a nice way to get started in the city and boost my confidence (I started that job after living in New York for two weeks and looking for a job for three days) and it's yet more experiences I'll build on in life (and use to amuse my children / grandchildren with someday.)

Like Ann always says, "Just another story to tell our grandchildren."

Yeah, I can't wait to be a dad.

Tomorrow I enroll in EMT-B classes and start a new section in this chapter of life. Good Lord willing, I found the path He wants me to take. I mean, I've always talked about taking these classes and now here is my chance. If I don't take it then I'm just dumb. Same reason why my sweet love joined the Army. Same reason I wanted to move to New York. Same reason I went to Afghanistan. Sometimes you just have to do it.

Nike had something right at least.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 12:22 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?