Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Thursday, March 06, 2008 ::

Not so crazy after all

I'm back in the NYC after my jaunt home for my sister's wedding. The affair was beautiful and quite a sight to see. The one person I wanted to see it couldn't but we won't go there or I'll start crying again.

My trip home was followed by a trip back to the NYC with my sister and brother-in-law. It was their honeymoon an they stayed with me. Don't feel too bad; they had already honeymooned and created a baby so there wasn't anything going on there anyway. (At least that's what I told myself. I infomed them again of the no schmapoinkle rule.)

I finally got to be the hoster with the moster and it was fun. I got to dazzle someone with my knowledge of the city and it's craziness. We saw a lot of tourist things and a lot of non tourist things so it was a blast. I can't wait until I get more visitors.

And I even got to show two people at least how crappy the subway is. On the way home I got to show my visitors how the MTA likes to close random stations and tell you once you are already on the train. It's hard to describe but basically we had to ride the Q train to one stop then walk across the station and get back on the same train. Lame if you ask me.

And, of course, tonight that train haunts me again. I take the Q train home, but it is in two parts right now so I can't ride it all the way home. On top of that, the train I get on at work isn't stopping at my stop anymore (until June 7) so I have to take a bus to a different train stop and get a different train there.

So here is my new late night commute compared to my old one.

Old one:

Walk to 77 and Lex and ride the 6 train to 14th street Union Square. Get on the. Q train and ride it to Church Ave in Brooklyn. Walk home.

New one:

Walk to 77 and Lex and take a bus to 61 and Lex. Walk to 59 and Lex and get on 4 train and ride it to Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. Get on the Q train and ride to Church Ave. Walk home.

That's a lot of extra walking and that adds about 20 minutes to my already late night commute. Not to mention we left work late so I'm looking at getting home around 1 AM.

This is every night until June 7 that I work late night which is only two nights a week but it's still very annoying. Who knows what might change on the nights I don't work late.

I still love New York City. I went to my new unit today in the city and sadly I am once again assigned to an infantry battalion. Oh joy. My first drill is coming up but it's not a usual drill. No, my drill is marching in the New York City St. Patricks Day parade.

Everyone knows how much I like parades. Apparently the tradition of marching in this parade is as long as the parade itself. When the parade first started, the city was predominately protestant so the militia was used to protect the catholic Irish. Even though there are no problems anymore, New York's 1st Battalion 69th Infantry Regiment still carries on the job.

So it's a historic parade. What more could I ask for? (Other than the obvious)

I might even have a job working with the Army again. As much as I hate the Army, they pay pretty good (thank you Dubya) and money is nice. Plus I like my job and I'm good at it. We'll see how it turns out.

And last but not least, I have since discovered today that Rachel Ray (yes, her) was a manager at Agata & Valentina in it's early years. That means that I am walking in the footsteps of my Food Network idol. How amazing is that? I don't know about you but I'm stoked. Even if I don't work there much longer I will hold close to my stomach the memories of walking the same floor Rachel Ray walked.

That's about it for my late night commute tonight. I haven't even transferred to my Q train yet, but I'm tired and there isn't much more to say. Life is looking up once again. Even though the love of my life is across the world, I know she loves me and I very much love her. With my sweet love, what more do I need?

God is good. All the time.
Peace

P.S. You guessed it. This post created on the MTA 4 and Q trains. And some bus somewhere in the Upper East Side.

:: Ben 5:17 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?