Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Sunday, April 20, 2008 ::

Earth Day and 420

I find it funny and quite ingenious to celebrate the Earth and a product from the Earth in the same time period. Earth Day is the 22nd but NYC celebrates Earth Day all week, including a concert at the park. This is concert is all bluegrass (so far) and reminds me of home a bit. There's nothing like flipping through the radio and hearing a catchy banjo and tapping your foot.

Anyway, there isn't a huge event here but it's called the biggest in the world so I guess the world doesn't really care about itself. It happens. Grand Central had an exhibit or few set outside on Vanderbilt Ave but I never made it over there to see. Inside Grand Central is a few more exhibits but alas, I haven't made it over there yet either. Go figure.

I care about the Earth, promise. I use only non-polluting mass transit and unplug my appliances not in use. That's for the Earth and my electric bill.

I don't know much about 420 so I don't have many comments there.

The Pope is in NYC for a few days and is leaving today I suppose. I never really got a chance to see him. He did a lot of stuff in the morning when I was sleeping and spent the rest of his time giving speeches or something like that. He is holding a giant mass at Yankee stadium today but you had to get tickets from your catholic church to attend. I suppose they didn't want any heathen protestants around. If the Pope's mass would have been anything like the New York head bishop's mass then it wouldn't have been worth going except to say, "I went to the Pope's mass."

Oh well, no ticket; no God.

I'm not a big fan of bluegrass but I suppose this is good music. Maybe because I miss home. It makes me think of my Grandma Jean. She likes some good 'ole banjo bluegrass gospel.

So does Ann which makes me sad because I miss her too much. Too much.

Ever wonder what irony is? Chase Bank handing out pamphlets promoting paperless banking. Awesome.

I just realized I'm listening to Ricky Skoggs. For some reason, I think this guy is a really big name in country music. Hmm.

Anyway, I think that's all I got for today but who knows, I might come across something else worth posting about.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 3:28 PM [+] ::
...
Comments:
Wow, New York must be boring...

No posts in a week.
 
Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?