Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Monday, July 07, 2008 ::

Part Two (and then some)

Ok, my blogging isn't very amazing anymore and my consistency is really shot. I don't know why.

So the rest of my trip to Tennessee was pretty enjoyable. We played a rousing game of Texas Hold 'Em and I lost horribly bad. What can I say, I'm just not the best player around. After that was plenty of moments of laughter and joy. A few times of sadness, but if you knew my Grandpa, he never lets anyone feel sorry for him.

So I began my journey home the next afternoon only to discover that my flight had been cancelled due to weather in New York City. So I did the only thing I could do and rented a car to drive home because I had a huge exam the next day. Of course, on my way I decided to search for any other flights and discovered that my flight had actually been reinstated and was flying on time.

I was an hour away from the airport. My flight was leaving in an hour and ten minutes. I contemplated trying my odds but decided to just drive home. I got to New York City at 5 am, dropped the car off at 6:30, got home at 8:15 and got to class at 9 just in time for my exam. Which I passed with a 96. After being awake for 24 straight hours, I almost aced my test.

Fast forward a week and I make plans to go home for the fourth of July to see my family and try to cheer everyone up. Four hours away from home, I got a phone call.

My grandfather died on July 3rd at 3:00 am peacefully in his sleep. We'll miss you grandpa.

I never got to finish this post in time for him to read. He always said I'm the laziest blogger he ever met.

So, my trip to Oklahoma was understandbly overshadowed by a very grimace cloud. With my father still in Tennessee, no one really had much cheer left in them. What a vacation.

Of course on Independence Day we had to buy fireworks. So my brother in law, sister, cousin, and I went to the fireworks place to select our damage. And damage we selected. However, an intense rain storm slammed into our city and basically ripped the fireworks joint to shreds and flooded the place with water three inches deep. Talk about a great time to buy explosives. Fortunately, we had no duds.

The fourth was fun and the fifth was pretty boring because we were house shopping for my sister and bro in law. At least we had bonding time. That night we played spades with pigeon and dad surprised us by coming home earlier than expected. It was extremely great to see him while I was home and spend time with him. Yesterday we ate breakfast and played spades at night. That's about it.

And here I am now sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to Chicago and then on to New York City. I know this post wasn't very fantastic (as most of them are) but I had to cram a few weeks into one post. And my next post will probably be just as crappy because I'm the laziest blogger around. Go figure.

I'm sorry to everyone. I know I live in the city that never sleeps but I never share my experiences. I don't know what to say. I'll try and do better.

I'll miss you grandpa, if you're reading this at the computer center in the sky.

God is good. All the time.
Peace
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


:: Ben 7:39 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?