Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Saturday, June 24, 2006 ::

Criticism ... frenchman's wave

Apparently the grammar nazi is out and about and harping on my posts. To that nazi-blog hater, I not only give you the frenchman's wave, but I also tell you, "Pa-sha."

Things are going ok here in Camp PhOEnix. Today is my first day in the office and the beginning of a long year. Since I'm posting on my blog, I'm sure you can tell that there isn't a whole lot going on. Just some forms to be filled out and ammo to issue, both don't involve me too much. Or any of us in this office. Its really going to be a crappy year.

Being gone from home is poop enough, but we also don't have a lot of work to do so time will crawl by. Its poop. But what can I say? Just plain poop.

I appreciate all you home folk for thinking of me on this journey. I'll try to post as much as I can to keep you updated on what is going down in the life of this soldier. Well, as much as I can tell you. I'm running off of about three to four hours of sleep a night because for some reason, that's all I can get. I spend about two or three hours a night talking to Ann online and then the rest I spend just playing games. I can't sleep for some reason. I'm sure that soon it will all catch up with me and I'll crash one night and sleep for like 12 hours straight, but it hasn't hit yet.

Yesterday was the bazaar here on Camp Phoenix. That is when the locals come onto post (just right next to the front gate) and sell their goods. There were rugs galor, movies out the bum, jewelry, and vases. A lot of the same stuff, but Americans will buy anything from here to send home. I bought some sun glasses. Maybe later I'll buy some more stuff, but I'll wait a while. I can't just go and blow a pay check on random stuff. I have a family and a house to take care of.

Score. A family and a house. I like the sound of that. A beautiful wife and a wonderful home. This is the life.

Actually, this would be the life if I was home with my beautiful wife, but that will come in a year.

I guess that's all for now. Not much going on. The bazaar yesterday, the heat today, my first office day, you know, nothing big. Maybe later something amazing will happen and I'll tell you about it. Or I'll just tell you more about how boring today is.

Either way, I'll catch you guys later.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 1:53 AM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?