Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Ambulance Chronicles
:: Welcome to My Life. Just look around, read some stuff, or laugh in mockery at me.
:: Blogger | My home page | Contact info ::
[::Get to know me::]
QUICK UPDATE
::I'm an EMT, and I work on an ambulance. I'm aspiring to be a paramedic someday, but I might go for the MD also.
::Anne is my silly goose and we have been married for four and a half years. Time flies when you fight wars.
::God is so amazing. He's done so much in my life lately. Just read to the right.
::I am a former driver's ed student and I'm probably that kid that your family talks about almost hitting them.
[::My weather::]
[::Listening to::]
::my IPOD
[::My favorite sites::]
::Annikin's online journal
::SGT Dub's blog
::Task Force Warrior
::Get addicted
::How Stuff Works
::Christian guitar
::Christian happenings
[::..Feeling nostalgic?..::]
[::My contact info::]
::My email
Email Me!!!

:: Friday, August 18, 2006 ::

Trust me

The words "Trust me" are the easiest to say; however, they are the hardest to actually accomplish.

Trust: firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.

Trust is a fragile thing. It is one person putting complete confidence in another person. One person relying entirely on the other person's word that they are in control.

Some people trust everyone until they are given reason not to do so. Others have a complex game you must play in order to gain their trust. Neither way is wrong; both ways achieve the same goal. However, is trust something one should give to all or stow away and give to the few?

This world is built on a false sense of security. Our currency has no backing whatsoever. It is only valuable because everyone trusts that it is worth something. People make deals with other in trust daily while the whole time looking for another way that is cheaper or easier to obtain what they want. This has made our generation accustomed to tossing trust aside and ignoring one another's emotions.

Trust is the biggest cause of heartache. It is so easy to lie to someone to gain their trust. And when that trust is broken because the truth comes out, the person lied to hardens up. The person lied to trusts noone and when a truthful person comes by, they are looked over as unreliable. All because of one person.

However, trust can be a powerful thing. In Psalm 91, David shows his trust for God and how it moved him.

"He alone is my refuge, my place of safey; he is my God, and I am trusting him." Ps 91:2

"Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you." Ps 91:7

David, who I believe to have written this, trusted God in the heat of battle. Though thousands died at his side, death was everywhere and when the future looked grim he trusted in the Lord to save him from his enemies. Many times David rode into battle outnumbered because he trusted in the Lord.

Jesus, on the Mount of Olives, asked his disciples to pray for him. He trusted that they loved him enough to stay awake in his most hour of need. They failed him. In a simple act of falling asleep, they lost their trust. The one whom they loved the most, whom they followed everywhere, gave up everything and trusted in could no longer trust in them. Jesus knew that Peter would deny him; Jesus knew he would be left alone on the cross. He had noone to look to on Earth in trust.

Paul was a man of trust. He trusted everyone he saw. He placed faith and hope in every church he met. Placed faith and hope in every follower me preached to - having faith that they would continue the good work and spread the word of God. Even when Paul was in prison, he trusted that his brothers would continue his work in his absensce.

Is it bad to place trust in everyone until they give you reason to not?

If only I had the answer.

Trust is such a fragile thing. I almost missed out on a blessing more wonderful than anything I could ever imagine because I had my trust broken too many times. But now, my blessing and myself are happily married and building on each other's trust daily. Because of our trust, because of the powerful bond we have in our trust, and the trust we have in the Lord that he will protect us, I am able to be a world away from my wife and not worry about things at home.

Just remember, the next time you say, "Trust me," you are asking that person to place complete reliance in you. You are telling that person that you are trustworthy and faithful. Don't take advantage of trust placed in you; you have a powerful key to that person's life. You can ruin them by destroying their trust.

But also remember to guard your trust. However, dwell in it as well. Look to those who you trust for guidance. Don't try to make decisions on your own; rely on those who you trust to help you in your time of need. That's what trust and friendships are for.

Just my two cents.

God is good. All the time.
Peace

:: Ben 2:44 PM [+] ::
...
Comments: Post a Comment

Back to the top
eXTReMe Tracker eXTReMe Tracker

I'm a Seadog!
Click here to test your skills at the wheel of a carribean cruise liner.



Click Here to get this from FreeFlashToys.com!

You Passed 8th Grade Math
Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?